1.4
Ease of Use

We purchased a mattress set at Sears. We are Seniors who still belive in integrity. So when we got told that the display model was 75% off, we believed them. (Could have purchased a Sealy set on line, and had it delivered for less, we found out later).

As we would get charged $80 delivery charge, my husband agreed to pick it up the next day. As he was waiting for help to load, he noticed the sign that said free box springs with matress purchase. He pointed it out to the girl who tried to give us a refund, and said she would have to wait for the manager.

She would calll us. A week later,( after 3 attempts to reach her), she called and said our mattress wasn't on the list according to "the district guy". there was no list if ineligable purchases. And the employee has been there long enough to know, that is why she supposedly tried to give us a refund. So then I filed a complaint with BBB. First thing that came up is a comment

that Sears wishes to try and be contacted first. I tried and no response. So back to BBB I go. It took them 10 days to respond!! They said they would investigate and get back to me in 2 days. I gave them 6 days and still no response. So I decided that since the incidence took place in a different state that I should post the complaint with that BBB. After all, that is what they are there for right?

No, everything has to go to Illinois as that is corporate headquarters. I am hoping that with all that I have found on-line that there is some legal authority reviewing all these incidents. How sad that people give up their integrity!!

Review about: Sears Hometown Stores Deal.

Comments