Sears Hometown Stores in Sheridan, Wyoming - Truth is for real

1.4
Ease of Use

We purchased a mattress set at Sears. We are Seniors who still belive in integrity. So when we got told that the display model was 75% off, we believed them. (Could have purchased a Sealy set on line, and had it delivered for less, we found out later).

As we would get charged $80 delivery charge, my husband agreed to pick it up the next day. As he was waiting for help to load, he noticed the sign that said free box springs with matress purchase. He pointed it out to the girl who tried to give us a refund, and said she would have to wait for the manager.

She would calll us. A week later,( after 3 attempts to reach her), she called and said our mattress wasn't on the list according to "the district guy". there was no list if ineligable purchases. And the employee has been there long enough to know, that is why she supposedly tried to give us a refund. So then I filed a complaint with BBB. First thing that came up is a comment

that Sears wishes to try and be contacted first. I tried and no response. So back to BBB I go. It took them 10 days to respond!! They said they would investigate and get back to me in 2 days. I gave them 6 days and still no response. So I decided that since the incidence took place in a different state that I should post the complaint with that BBB. After all, that is what they are there for right?

No, everything has to go to Illinois as that is corporate headquarters. I am hoping that with all that I have found on-line that there is some legal authority reviewing all these incidents. How sad that people give up their integrity!!

Product or Service Mentioned: Sears Hometown Stores Deal.

Comments

whatever happened? my Sears fridge has been out of service for 2 months.

and they wont come pick it up.

I already purchased another fridge from pc Richards who offers loaners in these cases... what to do?

Sears Hometown Stores - Dealing with the Sears store in Auburn, MA.

1.3
Ease of Use

I went to the store on Sunday, 12/17/17 to do some shopping . While there I wanted to exchange a guaranteed broken screwdriver.

After standing in line, long because of the holiday shoppers, to get to the register for service, I was instructed to look in a box on the shelf for the one I wanted. There was none so I again stood in line to talk to the clerk. He informed me that the ones in the box were the only ones he had. There were no individual screwdrivers on any of the shelves and only 2 or 3 multi-packs of screwdrivers.

He then told me to wait until he had taken care of those that had to cash out. He would get to me when he wasn't busy. This is just poor service. Along with the fact that Sears doesn't carry the items that they guarantee so that they can replace them when needed.

The guarantee means nothing at this point. It will be a cold day in *** when I buy Craftsman tools again.

I can get the same lifetime guarantee from Harbor Freight Tools at a much cheaper price. It is no wonder that Sears is struggling to stay in business.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

I didn't like: See complaint.

Sears Hometown Stores - Sears refrigerator is a lemon and they don't care

I bought a Kenmore Elite refrigerator for our newly built home. It stopped working a few months after purchase .

Called to get it fixed 3 weeks later the come out and look at it then order a part then 3more weeks to get part . They dented door while repairing a month before that was fixed . Then it quit working again . This was repeated about 5-7 times same thing different parts .

It would alway work for a short time then it would go bad again and we would lose all of our food. Countless conversations with there customer service that is in another country. Went in to the store and they said they couldn't do anything. They have replace about everything on it and it worked for a few months and then last week it happened again.

2 weeks they send somebody out they said it was fixed and 2 weeks later quits again. They scheduled an appoint o come out again a week later then they called me the day of appointment and say they can't make it and I would be rescheduled for a week later. This has been going on for a year and a half now ! I've done everything I possibly can do and they don't care.

I just want the lemon replaced it was the top end refrigerator . I of my many phone calls the lady said to go buy a small college refrigerator and then when yours get fixed to bring it'll back the small one. I'm lost at what to do.

Me and my family have lost a lot of money in food and the stress from this is terrible. Troy Beal

Product or Service Mentioned: Kenmore Refrigerator.

Reason of review: Bad quality.